Big Green Week
…will be running this year alongside EU Green Week – 21st to 25th May 2018 #BigGreenWeek
Big Green Week has been running for over 8 years and has been the annual festival and show case for sustainable initiatives across the city of Bristol. The aim is to promote a sustainable future, looking forward four generations from now, encouraging positive behaviour change and supporting and promoting those in the city who are playing their role towards this goal.
Try doing something different for the week:
FOOD: Go vegan and tell us about your experience. Organise a vegetarian picnic lunch with work.
TRAVEL: Cycle or walk to work, school or social gatherings.
ENERGY: Reduce the energy you consume. Move to a local sustainable energy provider.
MONEY: Spend your money on local independent establishments and shops.
NATURE: Take some time out to be in greenspaces. Get your hands dirty. Make some seed bombs. Engage with your neighbours and community.
DRIVING BEHAVIOUR CHANGE
Big Green Week aims to:
- Encourage individuals and organisations to think about their impact on the environment and offer an opportunity to change behaviour.
- Supply people with the knowledge, skills and tools for behaviour change.
- Celebrate local community projects, charities and businesses demonstrating sustainable behaviour, and the people who make them happen.
- Act as trusted brand ambassador for businesses that provide more sustainable products and services.
Inspire the people around you by sharing what you do as an individual or collective over #BigGreenWeek
DATE FOR THE DIARY: Local Futures, all day conference on Saturday 20th Oct 2018, Arnolfini, Bristol
For Sponsorship opportunities please contact us
- Big Green Week comes to an end today, but don’t worry – we’re going out with a bang. Here’s our top picks for Sunday. Sunday 19th June Outdoor Opera – Rossini’s La Cenerentola Turn your Sunday into a magical day through a unique opera performance with Bristol’s Outdoor Opera – Rossini’s La Cenerentola. Sunday offers […]
- As we approach the end of a cracking Big Green Week, be sure to make the most of today’s events! Saturday 18th June Owen Square Community Energy Launch Picnic Come down to Owen Square Park & Easton Community Centre to be a part of the official launch picnic for their new energy centre, the first […]
- By Alastair Sawday Once upon a time I was Chair of Bristol’s Green Capital Momentum Group, later known as the Green Capital Partnership. We invented the idea of a Big Green Week to celebrate the huge range of community green initiatives and activities all over the city. There is SO much going on, from allotment gardening for Somali […]