- This event has passed.
The Art of Change @ Bordeaux Quay
June 16 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm£6
Want to help drive positive change in Bristol? Join some of Bristol’s premier changemakers, hear their stories, including how an Impact Hub could benefit innovation, change and co-working in the city, and how you can get involved…
Join us upstairs at Bordeaux Quay to hear from:
- Luke Jerram, Bristol’s world famous installation artist, known for his street pianos and Park Street slide. www.lukejerram.com
- James Mapstone, MD and Founder of 2nd Chance Group, who use the power of sport to change lives. 2ndchancegroup.org
- Annali Grimes of Litterarti, whose amazing art challenges perceptions about the environment. www.litterarti.com
- Gavin Strange, by day a digital designer for Aardman Animations, by night an experimental entrepreneur, filmmaker and toymaker. (Jam Factory)
- Follow by Richard Evans, Chair of Impact Hub International
If Paris is chic and London is cosmopolitan, what is Bristol? According to research by a national marketing consultancy, the answer is ‘unorthodox’! Why? The simple answer is Banksy, the Tesco riots, Bristol Pound and Shaun the Sheep. But the reality runs much deeper.
Bristol has a history of challenging the establishment and is now home to some of the most creative, innovative, entrepreneurial people in the UK, many of whom are working to create a better future for people and planet. What is more, they often succeed despite the system rather than because of it.
So join us to meet like-minded people and quiz the speakers about their approach to change, discuss how we can accelerate positive change, and to explore what would happen if you had the chance to work together in the same space as other changemakers.
Social Spirit Mixer are your hosts for this fabulous evening with inspiring people, discussing how you think Bristol can create even more change.
£6 Advance / £7.50 Door including refreshments and complimentary glass of wine.
This event is being delivered in partnership with www.thechangeco.org and www.thepaleblue.org who are co-creating the opportunity to bring Impact Hub to Bristol. We would love to hear from anyone who is interested in helping and you can apply to join our team on the Makers Site.
Thank you to our event sponsor Amarelle, industry leaders in office design and fit out. For more information, please go to www.amarelle.co.uk